Sunday 28 July 2013

The Similarities Between 'Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief' & 'City of Bones'

 Geia sas! (hello in greek) 
I have recently started to read 'City of Bones' by Cassandra Clare because the movie is coming out on 21st August 2013. The movie looked really interesting and great so I thought I would give the book a chance.
So far I have read 80 pages and I am loving it, Clary and Simon are really witty, and Isabelle and Jace seem really cool. However I have noticed lots of similarities between this novel and the first novel of one of my favourite series, 'Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief'. Here are the similarities I have noticed so far.
By the way, I am not saying this is a bad thing, I think it's incredible that City of Bones so far is reminding me of Percy Jackson. (Percy Jackson is one of my favourite series, anything that even remotely is like it, I will guarantee love it) 

* Clary's dad is dead, so Luke is there
  Percy's dad is not known, he has a stepdad-Gabe
Clary kills a Ravener demon
  Percy kills a Minotaur
* Clary's mom disappears
 Percy's mom disappears   
Shadowhunters are the children of Humans and angels
  Demigods are the children of gods and humans
* Clary sees a demon in Pandemonium 
  Percy sees a teacher become a vulture bird on a school trip

 So these are the ones I have noticed so far, are there anymore you have noticed? comment down below or tweet me. Obviously I haven't read all of City of Bones so maybe it will be nothing like Percy Jackson or It might be exactly like it. Either way I know I will like the book. 

Thank you for spending time reading this article! 
Remember I have a new blog up every Monday and Friday!
(I know this article has been published on Sunday, this is because tomorrow I am going somewhere that has no wifi *sadface* ) 

P.S If you haven't seen the new trailer for 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Here it is!


                             

No comments:

Post a Comment