Friday 11 October 2013

Book-Chat-Angelfall by Susan Ee

Hello and welcome to Book Chat. 
Today's review is about Angelfall by Susan Ee


Format: Kindle Edition
Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton
First Published: May 21st 2011
Goodreads Rating: 4.29 stars
Pages: 283


So I was a bit hesitant to start reading this since I had never read any books about angels, and I thought it would be a quick forgettable read that had soppy romance and not that much action, Oh how looks can be deceiving. This book is amazing, a must read and so action packed. There is hardly any romance, lots of fighting scenes, and the characters are kick-ass. This book is really gory, intense and very quick to read. I can not believe that this book was firstly self-published, it has such an amazing story and the characters are so awesome. I seriously can't wait for the sequel 'World After' to come out next month on the 19th November I believe. 


Characters

  • Penryn was so likable and unintentionally funny, She was very determined to find her sister Paige.
  • Mom was so cool and awesome, I loved the bit where the thugs came to attack Penryn and the mom just same up to Penryn with a shopping cart and randomly started talking to her. 
  • Raffe was really witty and likeable, You got to see his and Penryn's chemistry and relationship grow. Susan Ee did a really good job on this. 
  • At the end Paige was so different...Never would've seen that coming
  • Obi was a really cool character, I definitely want to see more of him in the sequel. 
  • How could I forget Tweedledee and Tweedledum, they were so cheeky and had the Fred and George vibe.

Plot
  • The direction of the novel was so interesting, the ending was so shocking, I loved how Susan Ee wasn't afraid of putting lots of gore in the book.
  • This book was full of twists and turns, I loved when Raffe and Penryn had nothing to eat so they just ate dry cat food, talk about disgusting!
  • Susan Ee has a wonderful way of writing, when I read this, it felt like a movie, very fast paced and never boring,
  • The book goes so fast, it is only 283 pages so it is very quick to read and a nice weekend read.
  • The ending makes you want to read on and I didn't want to leave this world.

Overall Impressions

  • This book is great and very quickly paced, perfect for a holiday read
  • I loved the aspects of this novel
  • Not once was I bored or did I feel like not wanting to read this book.
  • The depiction of angels in this book was very unique, I liked that they were used to be evil and the cause of the apocalypse.
  • This book was so imaginative and  unique, nothing like I have read before.

5/5 stars for this wonderful book, If you have not read it, please do, don't judge the book by it's cover, this book is awesome. 

Perfect for fans of Supernatural, The Walking Dead, Sleepy Hollow, Harry Potter and the Hunger Games. 

See you next time! BYE.


No comments:

Post a Comment